Strong main photo

Anything to do with improvement of the Website or Forum or Rachmaninoff Society Newsletter can be posted here
bysfbay

Strong main photo

Postby bysfbay » Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:08 am

Every suggestion is welcome!!

When revising the website we will take note of your remark.

I'm new and coming to the home page for the first time was pretty dramatic. Seeing the B&W image of Rach at the piano in suspended animation was powerful. However, after seeing it page after page, it became over bearing. I probably can assume members and others have already commented. I realize I may be speaking the obvious.

I have no obvious suggestions to improve this. I leave it to people with more experience in this area.

Thanks.

Risha

Re: Strong main photo

Postby Risha » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:42 am

Well, since no one has bothered to reply to this, I guess I'll toss out a few remarks. I'm no professional when it comes to art or web design, though, so it's just my personal opinion.

I absolutely LOVE the main picture on the site, but I do agree it would be cool to have other pictures as well. Since the main picture is usually covered by white squares and lists of links, I don't really find it overbearing or over-used, but variety certainly wouldn't hurt.

It has occurred to me more than once that this site should have an archive of SVR pictures - as well as more personal/biographical information about the composer. This is the Rachmaninoff Society, after all, and it seems odd that there is no section detailing the life and works of such a great composer. I realise, of course, that you can get the same information off of Wikipedia or at your local library, but it still seems that the Rachmaninoff Society should have some kind of biography, even if it's fairly cursory. Or is there one on here and I just haven't seen it?

Anyway, those would be my suggestions - biography of SVR, and a photo archive. The main picture doesn't have to be changed, but it wouldn't do any harm (just promise you'll leave the current one for the welcome page :) ).

bysfbay wrote:Every suggestion is welcome!!

When revising the website we will take note of your remark.

I'm new and coming to the home page for the first time was pretty dramatic. Seeing the B&W image of Rach at the piano in suspended animation was powerful. However, after seeing it page after page, it became over bearing. I probably can assume members and others have already commented. I realize I may be speaking the obvious.

I have no obvious suggestions to improve this. I leave it to people with more experience in this area.

Thanks.

KimberlyHeide

Re: Strong main photo

Postby KimberlyHeide » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:23 am

Essay writing is something you will need to contend with at many points in your education. Learning how to write an essay can also be applied beyond your education in many roles as writing is the most universally required professional skill. If you intend to work in marketing, copywriting, journalism or indeed any type of office work, essay writing skills may be the best craft in your toolbox. Use online admission essay writing service tools and apps.

Return to “Suggestions and Improvements”